Friday, March 13, 2020

Treasure Hunter



Treasure Hunter

I am counted like a star in the sky among many. I am not done with what burns inside my flame hasnt dimmed.

Yet you count me as a fallen star lost in an ocean of treasure, laying and waiting to be found. or its value recognized.

I have weathered many storms and dreams have been lost but my gold is there. 

It's not the age of the treasure but the story that makes it worthy to be found and its mystery's discovered and loved.

Explore my heart, see me. See my value and all my mystery with scuff marks and imperfections or toss me back into the blue to wait on another treasure seeker that's been in search of me.

One day when Ive been found and held close to the heart of my treasure hunter you will find yourself wishing you had not tossed me back. My only fear is that I will always be waiting to be found among all the treasures of your past. 
Tell me that it's not always been like this. Me waiting for you and you being too late for me.
I would sit in a sky and shine for 100 years to be seen by you. 
I would lay among the riches of sunken ships to be a treasure you held dear to you heart and kept for a lifetime without regret.




1 comment:

  1. Sometimes People stop seeing us as we age and when they do they miss out on the best of us.

    ReplyDelete